The International College of St Lawrence of Brindisi in Rome was founded in 1908, adjacent to the General Curia in Via Boncompagni. It remained on the same site until it was transferred to its present site on the Circumferential highway around Rome (GRA), during the General Chapter of 1968.
The College is a front-rank institution of the Capuchin Order, dedicated to formation and higher education. It aims to deepen and to pass on the Capuchin Franciscan culture and to foster the formation of future generations of friars in the best possible ways. It is certainly the most numerous and multicultural fraternity in the entire Order, welcoming friars from all circumscriptions to attend the various pontifical universities in Rome. The College is composed of the students and the resident core-community.