Pezinok, Slovakia. A meeting of the Capuchin Major Superiors of CECOC – the conference that embraces the Provinces of Central and Eastern Europe – was held on October 21-25.
This time, the meeting took place in Pezinok, in the oldest Capuchin friary in the Slovak province. The meeting was attended by fifteen brother superiors (ministers, custodians, delegates and representatives) of the individual circumscriptions of the Order, belonging to the CECOC, as well as the General Councilor from the General Curia in Rome, Br. Piotr Stasiński, and some other invited friars. There were guests present as well this time: the international and European coordinators of the Prayer and Life Workshops, an interesting initiative of the new evangelization, founded by fr. Ignacio Larrañaga OFMCap.
The next CECOC meeting is scheduled for May 2020 in Sweden.
The CECOC includes the following countries: Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Sweden, Ukraine and Hungary.
During the course the meeting, on October 23rd, the new president of the conference, the vice-president and the secretary were all elected.
- President: Br. Norbert Pšenčík - Provincial Minister, Province of Slovakia;
- Vice President: Br. Łukasz Woźniak – Provincial Minister, Province of Warsaw, Poland;
- Secretary: Br. Bonawentura Zmatek - Province of Slovakia.
In the picture, from the left:
- Br. Łukasz Woźniak (Province of Warsaw) - Vice President of CECOC;
- Br. Norbert Pšenčík (Province of Slovakia) - President of CECOC;
- Br. Piotr Stasiński (General Councilor).